Senior Design 04-05: Team 12
Keep it Cambodian
As part of the Master Plan for Siem Reap, Cambodia, Team 12 is designing a lock system to join the Siem Reap River and Tonle Sap Lake while accounting for an expected elevation change of approximately 21 feet. The elevation change is due to differences in water levels in the wet and dry seasons, which can cause the shoreline of the lake to recede as much as 1-2 miles in the dry season. As our team name indicates, we hope to make these adjustments without having an adverse effect on the culture that the people of Cambodia currently have in place.
Professor Kim's "Vision" for Siem Reap
Maps of the Siem Reap Area of Cambodia
We would like to thank everyone who has helped us with our project; we would not have been able to do it without your help.
- Professor DeRooy - Professor of Engineering, Calvin College
- Steve Rose - U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Kevin Sprague - Lock Design Engineer, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Team 15 - Monsoon Platoon
- Roger Lamer - Industrial Consultant
- Heejae Im - Student at Handong University
- Professor VanderLeest - Professor of Engineering, Calvin College
- Professor Ermer - Professor of Engineering, Calvin College
- Mike Zuiderveen and Scott Vredevoogd - Materials and Shop Assistance