Senior Design 04-05: Team 5
(Click on logo to enter rest of site)
Objective:Create a lighting system that has the ability to adapt to changing lighting requirements when used in conjunction with a machine vision system.
This system should provide a “hemisphere” of light to be useful in this application.
• Manufacturability: Design should be appropriate for manufacturing.
• Cost: $500 to manufacture including all electrical and mechanical components.
• Mounting: Camera will mount to unit by a ¼-20 screw.
• Adjustability: Each of the six (6) petals will be adjusted separately into one of five preset positions. Must also be useable with a variety of cameras.
• Aesthetics: Needs to hide the electronics. Also needs to fit into the Machine Vision Field.
• Serviceability: Each of the petals needs to be removable for storage, transportation, or service.
• Storage: Must have an economical and durable portable storage case.
Dave Ryskamp in the Calvin Machine Shop