Who is a Calvin Engineering student?
Calvin Engineering students come from all over the world. They are young men and women from all nationalities that have a common goal; to be the best engineer they can. Students come from Michigan, California, Florida, Texas, Massachusetts and everywhere in between. We also have students from Canada and abroad that choose Calvin Engineering for it's comprehensive and liberal arts approach to what it takes to be an engineer in the 21st century. Profiles of some of our students and alumni include:
What makes the Calvin Engineering Program so special?
- Is shaped by Christian faith, thought & practice
- Includes a liberal arts education foundation
- 90% of students who took the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam (FE) in 2012-2013 passed (national avg. 78%)
- 84% of students graduate with an internship experience
- Over 70% of graduates have an international experience
- 84% of the students graduate in four years
- Prepares students for immediate entry into a career or graduate school
You will be able to:
- Bring projects from conception to implementation
- Work in technically complex environments
- Integrate your faith and career
- Make a positive impact on society
The Calvin Engineering Department has strong interest in:
What about Graduate School?
Calvin students have applied to and been accepted at the best engineering graduate schools in the country. They include, Massachusetts Inst. of Technology, Stanford, Cornell, Georgia Tech., University of Michigan, Texas A & M, University of California, Univ. of Illinois - Urbana/Champaign, University of Iowa, University of Wisconsin - Madison, Penn State University, Purdue Colorado School of Mines, and many many more. Calvin Engineering students have gone to law school, to medical school and others have pursued graduate degrees in Business and Economics. The name Calvin is synonymous with excellence and our students are well prepared for wherever God leads them.