Objectives and Requirements
- The device automatically tunes a bass guitar within the just-noticeable difference.
Note: The just-noticeable difference is explained on the Concepts page.
- Optimize tuning process to be completed in 15 seconds or less.
- Fully integrate design into a bass guitar.
- Allow for the user to specify custom tuning presets.
The following criteria are considered physical requirements for system design:
- The added weight to the guitar caused by the integrated system shall be less than 0.66 lbs, (or 5% of standalone guitar weight).
- The system shall allow for the user to also manually adjust tuning.
- The rechargeable system battery shall be accessible by screwdriver.
- The combined footprint of the tuning knob motors shall not prohibit the guitar from fitting into a standard case.
- The system shall be durable enough to sustain the occurrence of minor damages from everyday use.
- The system shall operate in an optimal state between 40° F and 100° F.
The following criteria are considered electrical requirements for system design:
- The system shall have sufficient battery power to tune the guitar 50 times on a single charge.
- The system shall include short circuit protection for safety measures.
- The battery shall be charged from a 120V wall adapter.
Webpage designed by Cheyn Rushing and Sam Baas. 2013-2014. Background Texture from Subtle Patterns.