Team 9 is designing a sports stadium complex to support Calvin College soccer, lacrosse,and the possible future football team as well as intramural student sports. The preliminary drawings were completed by GMB Architects + Engineers and supplied to us through the Calvin Athletic Department.
This layout was selected based on the needs of the Calvin Athletic Department. The design will include:
- 3000 seat football home grand stands with facilities to house the teams and spectators
- 500 seat football away stands
- 750 seat soccer stands
- Plaza area connecting football away stands and soccer stands with concessions and restrooms
The design will include the structural and architecural desing of the stadiums as well as the hydrologic impact it will have on campus.
Highlighted are the changes to the master plan that our athletic complex would be a part of:
- Football and soccer complex north of the Fieldhouse
- Outdoor track relocated to currrent baseball diamond
- Baseball team to play at Gainey Athletic Complex
We believe these changes are in the best interest of the college as it looks to the future.
The completed site layout outlining the main features of the athletic complex..
The team would like to thank the following people for their support throughout the project:
Professor DeRooy (team advisor)
Professor Wunder (team advisor)
Roger Lamer (industrial consultant)
Phil Beezehold (Calvin Physical Plant)
Dean Gunnink (Calvin Physical Plant)
Jim Timmer (Calvin College Athletic Director)
Jeffery Posendek (Trine University Athletic Director)
Tim Simmons (Ohio Northern University Athletic Director)