Christian Engineering in Service to Society
Christian Liberal Arts and Engineering
Calvin's engineering program combines the foundation of a world-class liberal arts curriculum and adds the cutting-edge knowledge of technology in engineering. We'll work to inspire you to creatively produce intuitive designs and great products. We'll also challenge you to do all of this from a reformed Christian world-view. Want to make an impact for God's kingdom and the world around you? Come join us!
Calvin offers an ABET accredited Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree (BSE) with concentrations in:
Calvin also offers two designations that can be incorporated to any of the four concentrations.
Or we have a new Sustainability Designatation this is available to current Freshmen and all future students. Watch for a new web link for Sustainabilty coming soon.
Senior Design Projects Night
Please go to the Senior Design page for all the information regarding Senior Design Night on Saturday, May 9. (This is the exact same link is on the left sidebar on any page with in the Engineering Department site.)Program of the Evening
Part-time Instructors wanted
The Engineering Department is accepting applications for those interested in teaching part-time. For more information CLICK HERE.
Why Calvin Engineering?
Learn why others have chosen to study engineering from a Christian world-view
If you missed it -- see the Video. The theme was Instruments of Worship.
By the numbers
- 90% of the Class of '13 students who completed the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam (FE) passed. The current 5 - year average for Calvin is 91%. (Click here to compare to the national pass rate.)
- 85% of the 2013 graduates completed their degree in 4 years. The five-year average of students graduating in four years is 84%. Most students who take more than four years to graduate chosen to add a minor, second major or they are making up a course that did not meet grade minumums.
- 84% of Calvin Engineering students have at least one internship prior to graduation.
- 18% of our graduates over the past 5 years have gone directly to full-time graduate school. Many others pursue graduate degrees while working full-time.
- 88% of job-seeking graduates over the past five years have found a job either prior to or within six moths of graduation!