Christian Engineering in Service to Society
Christian Liberal Arts and Engineering
Calvin's engineering program combines the foundation of a world-class liberal arts curriculum and adds the cutting-edge knowledge of technology in engineering. We'll work to inspire you to creatively produce intuitive designs and great products. We'll also challenge you to do all of this from a reformed Christian world-view. Want to make an impact for God's kingdom and the world around you? Come join us!
Calvin offers an ABET accredited Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree (BSE) with concentrations in:
Why Calvin Engineering?
NEW Check out the blogs of our three Interim Classes
- Dutch Landscapes - with Prof. R. Hoeksema
- Engineering and Business in China - with Prof. Si
- Business, Engineering & Religion in the Context of European Culture - with Prof. De Rooy and Nielsen
Engineering and Sports -- Can it be done at Calvin?
See why others have chosen to study engineering from a Christian world-view
If you missed it -- see the Video. The theme was Instruments of Worship.
By the numbers
- 96% of the Class of '12 who took the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam (FE) pass on their first attempt. The current 5 - year average for Calvin is 91%. (Click here to compare to the national pass rate.)
- 84% of the 2012 graduates completed their degree in 4 years. The five-year average from 2007 - 2012 is 82%. Nearly all students who take extra time do so because they have chosen to add a minor or second major or they are making up a course that did not meet grade minumums.
- 84% of Calvin Engineering students have at least one internship prior to graduation.
- 18% of our graduates over the past 5 years have gone directly to full-time graduate school. Many others pursue graduate degrees while working full-time.
- 90% of the gradates over the past three years have had a job either prior to or within six moths of graduation!