Christian Engineering in Service to Society
Christian Liberal Arts and Engineering
Calvin's engineering program combines the foundation of a world-class liberal arts curriculum and adds the cutting-edge knowledge of technology in engineering. We'll work to inspire you to creatively produce intuitive designs and great products. We'll also challenge you to do all of this from a reformed Christian world-view. Want to make an impact for God's kingdom and the world around you? Come join us!
Calvin offers an ABET accredited Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree (BSE) with concentrations in:
Calvin also offers two designations that can be incorporated to any of the four concentrations.
Engineering Fleece Jackets for sale!
The Engineering Unlimited Student Club is selling Engineering Fleece jackets to raise money for a service project in Peru. Clck Here for an order form. To learn more about the student club follow them on Facebook.
Engineering Day: Visit Calvin's Engr Department!
April 22, 2016 Calvin is offering a special visit day for prospective students that highlight the Engineering Department. Where prospective students can meet with professors, students and hear about opportunities for learing outside the classroom. For more information CLICK HERE.
The Department of Engineering is now offering a Tenure-Track position in the chemical and/ or mechanical engineering concentrations for the fall of 2016. For more information CLICK HERE.
The Engineering Department now offers students the opportunity to have a Sustainibility Designation along with your Engineering concentration. This is done in an effort to be stewards of the Earth. Click here or talk to your advisor to know more about how to achieve your own Program for Sustainability (PSE).
Why Calvin Engineering?
Watch a video of Current students and Alumni. Learn why they chose Calvin.
Learn why others have chosen to study engineering from a Christian world-view
If you missed it -- see the Video. The theme was Instruments of Worship.
By the numbers
- 90% of the Class of '13 students who completed the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam (FE) passed. The current 5 - year average for Calvin is 91%. (Click here to compare to the national pass rate.)
- 85% of the 2013 graduates completed their degree in 4 years. The five-year average of students graduating in four years is 84%. Most students who take more than four years to graduate chosen to add a minor, second major or they are making up a course that did not meet grade minumums.
- 84% of Calvin Engineering students have at least one internship prior to graduation.
- 18% of our graduates over the past 5 years have gone directly to full-time graduate school. Many others pursue graduate degrees while working full-time.
- 88% of job-seeking graduates over the past five years have found a job either prior to or within six moths of graduation!