Requirements for Admission to the Teacher Education Program
- Complete EDUC 102 and 202 with a grade of C or higher and the instructors’ recommendations.
- Submit the Declaration of Major and/or Minor Form to the Registrar’s Office. If you choose a non-certifiable minor, submit the non-certifiable minor form to the Education Department.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Pass the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification Basic Skills Tests.
- Complete a background check through certifiedbackground.com – Package Code an65 (students are responsible for the fees) and complete the Authority to Search and Release Information form.
- Complete the Teacher Education Program Application .
Sample Four-Year Plan
- Blank Plan (.doc)
- Elementary Education pdf or .doc
- Secondary Education pdf or .doc
- Special Education pdf or .doc