319 Spoelhof Center
(Calvin login required)
Ph.D, Michigan State University, 2012
- Urban Education
- Social Context of Education
- Social Justice and Equity in Education
Publications, Presentations, and Professional Services
- "Urban-Focused Teacher Preparation at Liberal Arts Colleges," Association for Liberal Arts Colleges of Teacher Education Annual Meeting and Conference. Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, Indianapolis, Indiana. 03/01/2014
- "What Do We Mean by Accountability in Urban-Focused Teacher Preparation," American Education Research Association Annual Meeting. Pennsylvania Convention Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. 04/03/2014
- "Engaged in Learning," South Christian High School In-service. South Christian High School, Cutlerville, Michigan. 08/22/2013
- AILACTE Scholar Award, Association of Independent Liberal Arts Colleges for Teacher Education (AILACTE)
- Improving Teacher Quality Competitive Grant, Michigan Department of Education
- Reviewer for ICCTE Journal
- Reviewer for the High School Journal
- Walcott. J. R., Gutierrez, L., Gibbs, T., & Jacobsen, R. (2012). “Preparing urban teachers: What sticks.” Poster presented at the American Educational Research Association, April, 2012.
- Walcott, J. R. (2011). Content standards: Dewey's message to today's educators. Insights, 42(2), 4-6.
- Walcott, J. R. (2011). “Urban-Focused Teacher Preparation.” Paper presented at American Educational Research Association, April, 2011.
- Walcott, J. R. (2011). “School, Family, and Community.” Workshop presented at the Michigan Association of Bilingual Education annual conference, May 2011.
- Walcott, J. R. (2009). “Non-Cognitive Traits in Successful Urban High Schools.” Paper presented at American Educational Research Association, April, 2009.