319 Spoelhof Center
(Calvin login required)
Ph.D, Michigan State University, 2012
- Urban Education
- Social Context of Education
- Social Justice and Equity in Education
Recent Publications, Presentations, and Professional Services
- Walcott. J. R., Gutierrez, L., Gibbs, T., & Jacobsen, R. (2012). “Preparing urban teachers: What sticks.” Poster presented at the American Educational Research Association, April, 2012.
- Reviewed conference submissions on behalf of the John Dewey Society and articles for the Urban Education journal (2011-2012).
- Walcott, J. R. (2011). Content standards: Dewey's message to today's educators. Insights, 42(2), 4-6.
- Walcott, J. R. (2011). “Urban-Focused Teacher Preparation.” Paper presented at American Educational Research Association, April, 2011.
- Walcott, J. R. (2011). “School, Family, and Community.” Workshop presented at the Michigan Association of Bilingual Education annual conference, May 2011.
- Walcott, J. R. (2009). “Non-Cognitive Traits in Successful Urban High Schools.” Paper presented at American Educational Research Association, April, 2009.