307 Spoelhof Center
(Calvin login required)
- M.A., Grand Valley State University, 2005
- Ph.D., Michigan State University, 2009
- Learning to teach with technology
- Spiritual development within school contexts
Publications, Presentations, and Professional Services
- "Toward Flourishing: Employing the tools of Common Core, Essential Questions, and Technology," Valley Christian Schools Professional Development, K-12 Teacher Development Workshop. Valley Christian Schools, Bellflower, California. 10/07/2013
- "Comparing past and present technologies: How do we determine which to use when?" Michigan Association of Non-public Schools. Amway Grand Plaza Hotel, Grand Rapids, Michigan. 10/18/2012
- Faculty mentor (along with Mary Jo Louters) for the Education student group, Society for Professional Educators at Calvin (SPEC)
- Terpstra, M. & Sevensma, K. (2012-2013). Christian Higher Education Online. Co-led a Calvin Center for Christian Scholarship working group comprised of interdisciplinary faculty & staff considering the intersection of Christian Higher Education & Online Education.
- Rosaen, C. L., Lundeberg, M., Cooper, M., Fritzen, A. & Terpstra, M. (in press for 2010). Interns' use of video cases to problematize their practice: Crash, burn and (maybe) learn. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, 18(1).
- Rosaen, C. L., Lundeberg, M., Terpstra, M., Cooper, M., Niu, R., Fu, J. ( 2010). Constructing video cases to help novices learn to facilitate discussions in science and English: How does subject matter matter? Teachers and Teaching: theory and practice, 16(4), 507-524. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13540601003754905
- Rosaen, C. L., Lundeberg, M., Terpstra, M., Cooper, M., Fu, J., & Niu, R. (2010). Seeing through a different lens: What do interns learn when they make video cases of their own teaching? The Teacher Educator 45(1), 1-22. DOI10.1080/08878730903386849
- Rosaen, C. L., Lundeberg, M. & Terpstra, M. (2010). The case for constructing video cases: Promoting complex, specific, learner-centered analysis of discussion. Educational Technology Magazine, January/February, 50(1), 18-22.
- Internal Grant: Calvin College, Title II Professional Development Grant, "New Literacies"
- Served as a Calvin College representative (along with Bob Keeley) to the Consortium for Outstanding Achievement in Teaching with Technology.
- As part of the Michigan State University (MSU) Grand Rapids Public School (GRPS) Institute for Learning (IFL) evaluation team I observed literacy coach consultations with teachers, observed classroom implementation of lessons, conducted interviews with administrators, coaches, teachers, and students and reported those findings to the team. As a team we compiled a report for GRPS detailing the implementation of IFL's training.
Literacy Research Association
- (2010) Exploring New Literacies in a Teacher Education Course: Developing Conceptions and Instructional Approaches, Cheryl Rosaen and Marj Terpstra
Christian Educators Association
- (2011) Helping Young (and Old) People Use Technology to Live the Difference
- (2010) Technology for Teachers: Using Technology To Aid Students' Engagement with Subject Matter
- (2008) Technology for Teachers: Connecting Students Globally
- (2007) Digital Literacy: Collaboratively Telling the Story
- (2004) Techie Teaching: Integrating Technology into the Curriculum
Calvin College Literacy Conference
- (2010) Exploring New Literacies- Cheryl Rosaen and Marj Terpstra