305 Spoelhof Center
(Calvin login required)
- M.A., Northern Colorado University, 1980
- Learning Differences
- Inclusive Schooling
Recent Publications, Presentations, and Professional Services
- Grand Rapids Diocese, Catholic Schools of West Michigan, Grand Rapids, MI. Neurodevelopmental Basis of School Success: Practices that Promote Inclusion. August 2012.
- Calvin College, Literacy Grant Conference, Grand Rapids, MI. Assessment: Purpose and Processes. August 2012.
- Grand Rapids Diocese, Catholic Schools of West Michigan, Grand Rapids, MI. Co-Teaching as a Strategy to Meet the Needs of Learning Variation. August 2011.
- West Michigan Lutheran School Association, Wyoming, MI. Neurodevelopmental Basis of School Success: Understanding Learning Variation. Keynote Address: August 2011.
- South Christian High School, Cutlerville, MI. Differentiation in the High School Setting: Knowing Students Well. March 2011.
- Online Book Discussion. Neuropsychological Perspectives on Learning Disabilities in the Era of RTI. February – April 2011.
- West Side Christian School, Grand Rapids, MI; Implementing an AIMSweb Benchmark System in a K – 8 School. January 2011.
- Calvin Christian Middle School, Grand Rapids, MI; Response to Intervention in a Middle School. November 2010.
- Cross Trainer Academy, Milwaukee, WI; Teaching Students Who Live in Poverty. October 2010.
- Christian Educators Association Convention; Dis/Ability: A Critical investigation. Invited speaker. October 2010.
- Stegink, P. (2010). Disability to Community: A Journey to Create Inclusive Christian Schools. Journal of Religion, Disability & Health. 14(4), 368-381.
- 2009 (July) Workshop Developer and Facilitator, Dis/Abilty: A Critical Investigation. This workshop challenged participants to investigate disability in the context of schooling. Calvin College. Leader/Facilitator.
- 2009 (February). Stegink, P. Neurodevelopment and School Success: an Introduction. Central Wisconsin Christian Educators, Waupun, WI.
- (2008). Paxton-Buursma, D. & Stegink, P. Understanding Attention in Students: A workshop/conference on current perspectives and practices. Funding provided by Kuyers Institute for Christian Teaching and Learning ($7,982.53).
- 2008 (August) Conference Organizer & Facilitator, Understanding Attention 2 1/2 day conference including keynote speaker and working sessions. Calvin College, Prince Center. Lead Facilitator.
- 2008 (August). Stegink, P. and Bouman, D. Neurodevelopment and School Success. Three day Inservice and Workshop for K – 12 Education and Support Staff (Psychologists and Social Workers), Capital West Charter Academy, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- 2008 (June) Stegink, P. and Bouman. D. Workshop Organizer & Facilitator, Neurodevelopmental and School Success. Three Day Workshop for K – 12 Educators from West Michigan Christian Schools. Wyoming, MI.