- The Teacher Education Program at Calvin College seeks to develop responsive and transformative Christian educators who can meet the needs of diverse students in multiple school settings.
- Teacher Education department faculty are well-known for their teaching skills, leadership, research, and community involvement.
- See also: Education Staff and Education Program faculty
- The Teacher Education Program at Calvin College is approved by the Michigan Department of Education and the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC).
- Curriculum Collection
- The Curriculum Collection is a collection of K-12 instructional resources. It is located on the south side of the library's second floor. The Curriculum Collection is available whenever the library is open.
- Calvin College has been preparing teachers for over 100 years.
- Program Partners
Title II Reports for the U.S. Department of Education
Facts and Figures
Teacher candidates choose from over 30 subject area specializations.
Calvin's Michigan Test for Teacher Certification pass rate is 94% - one of the highest college pass rates in Michigan.
Over 200 schools partner with us to provide classroom field experiences. A wide variety of placements are available - Christian, public, charter, rural, suburban, and urban.
About 10% of Calvin students are in the Teacher Education Program.
Calvin certifies 100-150 new teachers each year.
Where our recent graduates are teaching:
- Michigan: 50%
- Other States: 30%
- Other Countries: 20%