(H1 Bold) - Title (H1)
Do not delete the anchor tag called "#content." The "Skip
Navigation" link that is in the header uses the hidden anchor to
aid users with disabilities to skip repetitive links and jump straight
to your content.
Use Subheadings (Heading 3)
The section/page title should have a "Paragraph Format" of
"Heading 1". For subheadings throughout the page, use other
paragraph formats such as "Heading 3" or "Heading 4".
ROWS may be added or deleted.
The page's width can be increased or decreased using "Increase Column
Span" and "Decease Column Span". Do NOT add or delete COLUMNS.
Checklist for new Ed. web pages:
- Page Title should reflect the location of the page within the site
structure, for example:
the home page (index.htm) is titled "Education Department"
the Programs page (programs/programs.htm) is titled " Education
Department - Programs"
a new page under the Programs category should be titled "Education
Department - Programs - Xxxxxxxx"
- The Page Heading should be the last portion of the above title:
for the Programs page, "Programs"
for the new page under Programs, "Xxxxxxx"
- Make sure the sidebar on the left is the correct one for the category
you are working in. If needed, use the Assets=>Library tab to insert
the appropriate libarry item. This ensures easy navigation within a
- To add new links to the left-hand sidebar, you may edit the appropriate
Library item directly (look in the "Library" folder for the
- NOTE: Due to changes in the new template, you will
not be able to see the header or footer until you have saved your file
on the W: drive and run the Web
- Technical guidelines:
Max page width: 620 pixels
Max body/content width: 486 pixels (please resize your pictures accordingly)
Use included Styles to edit text. Do not create new styles, as this
clutters up the code.
Please include Alt tags for any images within the body, as a gesture
of hospitality toward disabled persons.
- If you need help, contact or visit the Digital Studio (digitalstudio.calvin.edu)
in HL 121.