Explore the Preserve
Go outside ... be inspired ... keep learning ... be healthy.
The greater Grand Rapids community is welcome to discover the beauty & wonder of nature at the Preserve. We are a gem in the midst of Grand Rapids, offering many wonderful opportunities in which you can connect with nature:
- Take a walk through the Preserve. Watch the seasons change. Go birding. Bring a sketch pad, camera, or journal and be creative.
- Visit the Bunker Interpretive Center and interact with our seasonal displays.
- Attend our lively, educational programs for children and families.
- Check out our programs for adults to learn more about the native flora and fauna of this area.
- Beautify your garden with native plants that are easier to care for and require less watering. Shop our annual Native Plant Sale.
- Be a part of the exciting things happening at the Preserve by volunteering.
- Elementary teachers, bring your students for a unique, educational school program.
- Learn more about the research being done in the Buiten Wildlife Sanctuary.
For the latest information about our programs and events:
Walking trails and restrooms are open to the public for free everyday 7 a.m. – dusk.
Bunker Interpretive Center:
Monday–Friday 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Closed weekends and holidays