The Prytaneion stands to the north-west of Hera's temple. In this building, official guests and the winners of the Olympic games were served feasts. It was built during the end of the 6th century BC, though it was rebuilt since then. The Altar of Hestia where the eternal flame for the original Olympic games once burned was housed in this building. Traditionally, the Olympian priests would mix clay, water, and ashes from the altar and smear them them on the Great Altar of Zeus once a year.

To the west of the Temple of Hera stands the Philippeion, built by Philip II of Macedon and completed by his son Alexander the Great. The circular building with a conical roof had eighteen Ionic columns and an inner wall, creating a circular room which housed statues of Philip and his family.

The Pelopeion, to the south of Hera's Temple, dates to circa 1100 BC and was a simple mound with circular walls (later pentagonal), standing as a cenotaph to Pelops. Annually, a black ram was sacrificed here in his memory. His wife, Hippodameian, had an equivalent monument, the traces of which have never been found.

Prytaneion from the west Prytaneion from the north west
The Philippeion from the Hera Temple The Philippeion The Pelopeion from the Zeus Temple