Earn a biochemistry minor
Admission to the program
The prerequisite to enter the biochemistry program is a minimum average of "C" (2.0) in Chemistry 104 and in Chemistry 253 or 261.
To graduate with a biochemistry minor, you must complete the following courses:
- Chemistry 103 and 104 - General Chemistry
- One of the following two courses:
- Chemistry 253 - Fundamentals of Organic Chemistry
- Chemistry 261 - Organic Chemistry I
- Chemistry 323 and 324 - Biochemistry I, II
- Chemistry 383 - Biochemistry Lab
- One of the following courses:
- Chemistry 201 - Analytical Chemistry
- Chemistry 230 - Essential Inorganic Chemistry
- Chemistry 262 - Organic Chemistry II
- Chemistry 271 - Environmental Chemistry
- Chemistry 304 - Physical Chemistry for the Biological Sciences
- Chemistry 317 - Physical Chemistry I
- Chemistry 330 - Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
- An approved interim course
Explore your opportunities as a biochemistry minor
Discover what our biochemistry graduates are doing now.
Explore career options in biochemistry.
For help on declaring your major, reference Advising for all forms and necessary information.