DeVos Communication Center 263
(Knightvision login required)
- BA - Westmont College, English and theatre, 1992
- California Institute for the Arts
- MA - University of California, Santa Barbara, dramatic art, 1994
- PhD - University of California, Santa Barbara, dramatic art, 1998
- dramaturgy of new plays
- adapations of novels into theatrical scripts.
- directing Shakespeare in newly conceived contemporary productions.
- the direction of new works for the stage
- devising theatre for social justice
Seven Passages: The Stories of Gay Christians, (written with a devising team from Actors’ Theatre Grand Rapids), Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI., 2008.
Jane Austen’s Sense and Sensibility, adapted for the stage by Heather Leigh Brown and Stephanie Sandberg, Calvin Theatre Company, Grand Rapids, MI., 2006.
As It Is In Heaven by Arlene Hutton, Dramaturgy for the 78th Street Theatre Lab and New Dramatists, NY, 2001. Toured to Edinburgh Fringe Festival and opened at Calvin College in 2002.
Disciples by András Visky, dramaturgy and direction by Stephanie Sandberg, Calvin Theatre Company and the Institute of Worship, Grand Rapids, MI, 2006.
Elizabeth Rex by Timothy Findley, directed by Stephanie Sandberg, Actors’ Theatre, Grand Rapids, MI, 2006.
- Literary Managers and Dramaturges Association (LMDA)
- Association for Theatre in Higher Education
- American Society for Theatre Research
Honors and awards
Grand Award, Seven Passages, Actors’ Theatre Company Ensemble, 2008.
Heather MacAllister Award, Triangle Foundation, Seven Passages: The Stories of Gay Christians, Actors’ Theatre Grand Rapids, 2008.
Arlin G. Meyer Prize Finalist, Seven Passages: The Stories of Gay Christians, Actors’ Theatre Grand Rapids and Calvin College, 2008.
Read Stephanie Sandberg's statement on faith and scholarship.
Download a copy of Stephanie Sandberg's professional curriculum vitae.