Professor Van Oostenbrugge teaches managment and marketing related classes. He has an MBA in marketing from Davenport University, and a Certified Manager (CM) through the Institute of Certified Professional Managers. He has multiple years of teaching experience at both Davenport and Cornerstone University in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Prior to joining Calvin, Professor Van Oostenbrugge held positions in manufacturing, wholesale and retail sales, including time as a sales manager at a local manufacturer within the light-commercial construction field. Professor Van Oostenbrugge has also been a small business owner of a professional photographic studio. His current research interests are in Vision statement syntax toward change and strategic planning in organizational leadership and strategy.
- Owner - KVO Studio
- Project Manager - Bouwens Construction
- Sales Manager - Hager Group Companies
- Production and Intentory Supervisor - Hager Group Companies
- Sales, Service & Repairman - Hager Group Companies
- Doctor of Philosophy
School of Business and Technology at Capella University, expected 2012
- MBA in Marketing
Davenport University, 2002
- BS in Management
Davenport Univerisity, 2000
Honors, Awards, and Publications
- US Marine Corps - Non-commissioned officer. Good Conduct Medal with 1 star, Multiple Meritorious Masts and Certificates of Commendations, Overseas Service Ribbon with two stars. Honorably discharged.