What is Marketing?
Marketing is a highly interdisciplinary field wich involves the study of the social and managerial processes used to identify and satisfy the wants and needs of consumer and business markets with products and services which are valued.
Is Marketing for me?
People who study marketing often combine solid analytical skills with strong strategic and creative abilites. Marketers tend to possess high levels of empathy and a natural interest in people and psychology.
Many go on to careers in: sales, customer relations, supply chain management, procurement, banking, market research, product and brand management, advertising, managment consulting, and public relations.
What will I learn to do?
- Study customers
- Segment markets
- Develop, price and promote products and services
- Determine how to do so in ways that are efficient, effective, and profitable.
Where can I work with a concentration in Marketing?
- Profit and nonprofit organizations
- Product and services organizations
- Consumer products companies
- Insurance companies
- Print and electronic media
- Consulting firms