Major in biotechnology
In biotechnology, you'll learn to use state-of-the-art biotechnology instrumentation to manipulate genes, explore proteins and grow cell cultures.
- Take four courses to get acquainted with the basics of biology.
- Learn basic biotechnology methods and applications by manipulating recombinant DNA and forming transgenic organisms.
- Enroll in an advanced course in animal- and plant-cell culture techniques to clone cells and modify cellular processes.
- Choose at least one elective based on your specific interests and career goals.
- Take a biotechnology capstone course and develop a Christian framework to address biotechnology's social, ethical and philosophical implications.
Upper Level Courses
Capstone Courses – complete one course
Seminar Course – complete two semesters of this course, one concurrently with Biology 250.
295 Biology Seminar
CHEM 103-104, 253 (or 261-262), 323
MATH 143 and 132 (or 171)
Computer Science 106