Bachelor of arts with a major in art history
The bachelor of arts with a major in art history is designed for those who wish to understand how visual images are made and why they appear the way they do. The department provides a variety of courses in Western and non-Western art to help prepare students for graduate study in art history and museum studies.
- Art 153
- Art history 101 or Architectural History 201
- Art history 102 or Architectural History 202
- Art history 232 or 233 or Classics 221
- Art history 234, 235 or 237
- Art history 238, 239 or 240
- Art history 241, 243 or 245
- Two art history electives
- Art history 397 or Architectural history 397
- Art history 399
Note: Art history majors are encouraged to complete a second foreign language sequence in addition to their core foreign language. Specifically French and German are advantageous for students who want to pursue graduate school.